The Northern Lakes Tour requires 3 days and 2 nights to complete. On this tour our guest will love to stop for a little while to admire the Goat Farm in Vyerwa, the Burundi brewery. As he progresses towards Kirundo, the guest will be able to see the historic mounts Shinge and Rugero where historic battles between Burundian and Rwandan Kings took place.
In Kirundo province there is a number of lakes that the guest will admire. These include the famous lake for birds, lake Cohoha, and many other small lakes. The Mutwenzi agro-complex will be another interesting attraction to visit while in this region.
DAY 1: Bujumbura-Ngozi-Kirundo (long trip)
DAY 2: Visit to the lake Cohoha and other lakes, visit the Mutwenzi complex
DAY 3: Return to Bujumbura
About the activities
Duration – 3 days
Departure from Bujumbura (at 08h00)
Return to Bujumbura the third day (Arrival 18h00)
- Admire the Goat Farm in Vyerwa and Burundi brewery in the same area
- Discover the valley of Kings and the traditional practices that are linked to ancient style of worship
- Find out who was Inarunyonga and her “ku gasaka” near Ngozi provincial office. Listen to her stories as one of controversial personalities within Burundi’s oral literature.
- Discover mounts Shinge and Rugero where historic and deadly battles between Burundian and Rwandan Kings took place.
- Explore and admire the lakes in Kirundo including the Cohoha which is known as the lake of birds.
Included in this tour
- All Transport
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Drinks, light meal
- When agreed in advance, the tour can also include accommodation fees outside of Bujumbura
Excluded from this tour
- Accommodation in Bujumbura