This is a 2 days and 1-night tour. On this tour, our guest will see the changing landscape of Burundi when leaving Bujumbura and climbing the Congo-Nile Crest where the temperature drops as one arrives at Bugarama, a road-cross to either the North or the Center of the country. The road region is very popular as it is viewed as one of the breadbaskets of the country. The guest can enjoy a lot of fruits, veggies and goat meat. The attractions on this route include the ancient royal palace in Muramvya, the famous site where the Kiganda Treaty between the Burundi’s King and the German officer Von Beringe was signed in 1903 during the scramble for Africa.
The guest can rather choose to focus on Gitega where he can decide between the visit to the National Museum or the Gitega Boma or the Fort, a place full of memories. The next day will be devoted to visiting the Gishora Royal Drums, the hearing of the interesting stories about the site. The guest will enjoy seeing the drummers perform the inimitable beating of the unique drums. The tour ends with this visit, with a return to Bujumbura the same day. (Here there is a possibility of continuing the tour with Ngozi depending on the guest’s choice).
DAY1: Bujumbura-Muramvya (Kiganda)-Gitega
DAY 2: Gitega-Gishora- Return to Bujumbura
About the activities
Duration – 2 days
Departure from Bujumbura (at 09h00)
Return to Bujumbura the next day (Arrival 16h00)
- Bugarama town and its bustling life with vendors of all sorts of foodstuff
- The famous site where the Kiganda Treaty between the Burundi’s King and the German officer Von Beringe was signed in 1903.
- Ancient royal palace
- The tomb of the ancient queen Ririkumutima
- Visit to the national museum and the German Fortress known as the Boma
- Enjoy the Royal Drummers beats and dances at Gishora Drum Sanctuary
Included in this tour
- All Transport
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Drinks and a light meal
- When agreed in advance, the tour can also include accommodation fees outside of Bujumbura
Excluded from this tour
- Accommodation in Bujumbura
- The Drum Show Fees (This can be added to the total price upon agreement with our guest)